DDR Testing and Tuning of QorIQ P5 Board Designs
Kozio has released a new VTOS DDR™ package supporting board designs using QorIQ P5 processors from Freescale. VTOS DDR provides several benefits over other DDR verification solutions.
- Automated DDR clock tuning.
- Runs on any P5 (P5020, P5040) board design with no complicated setup.
- Tuning of any DDR controller setting as allowed by the SoC architecture.
- Seamless support for the entire QorIQ family and many other SoC families.
- No lengthy installation or steep learning curve – productive in minutes.
- Supports configuring the DDR1 controller, the DDR2 controller, or configuring both DDR controllers in the QorIQ P5 processor.
- Memory part editor for DDR2 and DDR3 memories.
The VTOS DDR firmware image for the QorIQ P5 supports the 32-bit operation of the e5500 microprocessor core. The VTOS DDR firmware enables the Memory Management Unit (MMU) and supports testing of the entire 36-bit address space (up to 64 GiB of memory). Testing of memory is extremely fast – 8 GiB of memory can be comprehensively tested in under 1 minute.
Provided is a simple user interface, and working board examples, that allow you to configure and tune DDR memory in minutes. Use the provided board configuration settings or quickly tailor them to your custom board designs. Use the provided memory part configuration settings or tailor them to match new memory parts. Use the flexible user interface to alter any memory mapped register and run-time scripting allows you to test and tune how you desire.
VTOS DDR is an excellent solution for verifying new board designs that don’t have any other software loaded. Using a JTAG programmer, load the VTOS DDR firmware into on-chip memory, communicate over a UART interface, and configure and verify your DDR memory before loading other software into it. This step alone can save weeks of efforts trying to get to stable DDR settings.
VTOS DDR provides a valuable tool for verifying board level changes, qualifying second-source memory parts, and is fast enough to be used in production test to test every single bit of memory.
If your design uses DDR, DDR2, DDR3, or DDR4 memory, Contact Us and let’s discuss a DDR verification tool that can support it.