Verification and Test OS (VTOS) Release 220.127.116.11
Released June 15, 2017
Kozio product releases include DDR calibration, DDR testing, fast flash programming, and fast circuit board tests and troubleshooting. Here is a list of new features and processors supported in this release.
- NXP QorIQ™ T208x Processors – This release adds support for QorIQ™ T208x processor family from NXP. Kozio products supported in this release are:
- VTOS DDR – for DDR3 and DDR3L memory test and automatic memory calibration. Tests include structural, noise, and bit/cell testing.
- VTOS Program NOR – for NOR flash programming. This solution programs flash memory at a rate of 400 Kilobytes per second (400 KBps) using JTAG and the NXP CodeWarrior TAP for communications and file transfers. Kozio fully supports integration with the CodeWarrior TAP, no other CodeWarrior software is required.
- VTOS Scan Plus – for circuit board testing of Ethernet PHYs, MMC devices, I2C devices, SPI devices, UARTs, with support for GPIO operations. All boot devices can be tested before the operating system is loaded and testing in a few seconds.
- Xilinx Zynq-7000 – This release adds support for Zynq-7000 processor family from Xilinx. Kozio products supported in this release are:
- VTOS Program MMC Ethernet – provides SD, MMC, and eMMC programming while using an Ethernet port for file transfers. This solution provides eMMC programming between 10-20 Megabytes per second (MBps). This solution uses a serial channel and Ethernet channel connection between the PC and target Zynq. The serial is used for sending programming commands and the Ethernet connection is used to transfer the desired file. Kozio provides everything needed for the Ethernet file transfers included a Server that runs on the test station PC.
- Corrected a CodeWarrior TAP communications issue where the VTOS GUIs were not properly shutting down the CCS process after a connection (Connect) error.
- Feature: Added VTOS DDR support for the T208x processor family.
- Feature: Added VTOS Program NOR support for the T208x processor family.
- Feature: Added VTOS Program MMC Ethernet support for the Zynq-7000 processor family.
- Issue: Erase operations to SD/MMC devices could generate false timeout errors when erasing large extents. The erase operation completed successfully despite the error.
- Issue: Specific to the Zynq-7000 processor family, SD/MMC read and write operations using some block counts would fail to complete.
- Issue: Copy operations from SD/MMC devices to QSPI devices would fail if the “Verify” flag was set to false.
- Issue: The VTOS Program images for the Zynq processor have been renamed to to VTOS Program SPI MMC. This product supports programming SPI, QSPI, SD cards, and eMMC devices on the Zynq-7000 processor family. If you are using a “zynq_program” license, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your license to “zynq_program_spi_mmc”.
- Issue: Renamed the VTOS Program images for the i.MX6 processor family to VTOS Program MMC. This product supports programming SD cards and eMMC devices for the i.MX6 processor family. If you are using an “imx6_program” license, contact email@example.com to update your license to “imx6_program_mmc”.
- Issue: Under the VTOS Program host application, the “Add SDMMC Device” operation did not work under all contexts.
- Issue: Corrected the configuration files for VTOS Program NOR Ethernet and QorIQ P1xxx processors. Also updated the P1025-TWR example configuration file for VTOS Program NOR Ethernet.
- Feature: Added VTOS Scan Plus support for the T208x processor family.
VTOS Runner (vAccess)
- Feature: Added support for the T208x processor family.